Hello White Flaggers! Happy October and Happy Fall! I hope your White Flag experience so far has been nothing short of amazing. We have some new, exciting thing and collections brewing. God is moving and placing favor on on our lives, as well as yours. I do not know about you but it is something nostalgic and wonderful about the fall season. The brisk breeze, leaves changing, fall festivals, sweet potato pie (Yes, I too am a fatty), pumpkin spice, holiday scented candles, gumbo brewing, and holiday moments to look forward to spending time with family. It is a beautiful thing. With the current COVID-19 pandemic, it is unsure if we will be able to enjoy much of the fall events and normal routines. Please continue to stay safe, updated on CDC recommendations, and build your immune system up as much as you can. Several important vitamin/supplements that can be useful for the fall are listed below. While these do not guarantee immunity from illness or any medical issues, these supplements will give your body a chance to build itself up.
- Vitamin C
- Sea Moss/Moringa
- White Flag Piece or Pieces (joking lol)
It is important that we shift from a focus of intervention and do our best to work on prevention. So much of our time is spent on controlling the issue/matter versus planning and using strategies before an issue arrives. Whether it is vitamins, better sleeping patterns, coping skills, or dieting, remember to take care of yourself.
While October does bring those nostalgic feelings and excitements for winter, it also one of he biggest months of awareness for two conditions: Breast Cancer and Depression. These two illnesses affecting everyone in the world. First, we wanted to talk about some ways to lower your risk with breast cancer:
Studies show that 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime (https://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/breast-cancer-facts).
- The first thing all women, as well as men should do (Yes, men in some cases, can be diagnosed with breast cancer), is please get your annual-wellness check-ups and physicals. Get your blood work done, X-rays, urine analysis, etc. It takes little time to do so. It’s critical that we do this so we can stay ahead of the game and be aware of what is going on with our bodies.
- Know your family history: Many of us have genetic predispositions, risk factors, and family history that we need to have knowledge about so our health care physicians can know what to look out for.
- Keep weight in check and be physically active- Maintaining healthy way and regular exercise can do wonders for your body. It reduces the chances of being overweight and can decrease the risk of many different cancers.
- Limit mood altering substance and alcohol
- Increase awareness of different symptoms- Pay attention to your body. Are there any new lumps in the breast or underarm area? Any pain or discharge? Any change to the size or shape. All of these can be factors to help identify if any issues are present.
As always, Thank you for your continued Support!
Xoxo, White Flag Clothing